Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Doll For Antara

Antara's mother asked me to make her tiny girl a doll.


She has mocha skin, black eyes, and black braids with purple ribbons. The ribbons match her dress and her sweet little button pinafore. I used velcro fasteners since Antara is a baby.


She is stepping forward in this picture, as though to show you her pretty pink pantaloons.


Doesn't she have a sweet expression?



Here she is resting in my Blue-eyed Mary patch. I like the purple fabric with the sky blue flowers.


Antara's doll is stuffed with wool. Wool will make the doll warm up when she holds it. My nieces say that the waldorf dolls I made them keep them warm at night. Doesn't that sound cozy?

3 comments:

Naturalearthfarm said...

Your dolls are just beautiful Beth - and I love your new header with those gorgeous violets.
Warm wishes, Tonya

gardenmama said...

She is so beautiful!
I love her hair and her sweet dress!

angelina said...

like her eyes..