Monday, October 18, 2010

Baby with a Book

A baby boy pauses in his play to look at a board book. His long lashes lie on his cheeks, his curls brush the back of his jumpsuit.


His plump little hand rests on his foot. What do the little ones think about as they gaze at pictures in a board book? We don't know. All we know is that this is where the love of books begin, in babyhood.

This is my newest linocut print. It is designed and hand carved by me. I hand printed it on high quality rag printing paper and colored it with watercolor paint, so each one is unique. My model was a sweet, tiny friend of mine. I remember that cold day when I took his picture. He was warm and cozy inside the house, sitting on the rug with his blocks and his book. All was quiet and at peace in his home as he gazed and gazed at his little board book.

If you want to see more of my linocut prints, go to my etsy store. There is a link to "primroses" in the column on the right. love, Beth

6 comments:

boatbaby said...

Absolutely precious!!

Beth said...

Thanks boatbaby...I'm waiting to hear about YOUR new baby. Best wishes...love, Beth

Juise said...

Oh, so sweet. I love your linocut prints. They make me feel warm, cozy, and dreamy...

sarah in the woods said...

This is so sweet. Looks like my little boy and that's just what he would do. Your artwork is just perfect.

Kimara said...

This is just beautiful, Beth. I've yet to buy one of your prints, but it is on my short list. They are so warm and inviting and... hmmm... tender. I love all of them. I'll be linking on Facebook!

Amanda said...

So very, very sweet.