Monday, December 6, 2010

A Walk in Switzerland

We explored a Swiss arboretum with some friends.

The children struck off into the stream for adventure.




It was a damp, cold day. Have you ever noticed how beautifully colors glow when it is overcast?




The children found a puddle with clay in it. Of course, they had to pick some up and squeeze it.






The children saw something blue in the bottom of the trough.


It was a little ball.



My son asked to make a bow.


I had some yarn in my pocketbook from playing cat's cradle, so it was quickly made.

5 comments:

Phyllis said...

Beautiful! I love your photos. I love your header as well.

Amanda said...

I love love love the way that colors glow when its overcast!! Its truly one of the things I miss the most about living in Washington.

You had some yarn in your pocket... perfect.

AND... your header looks delicious.

KeLLy aNN said...

sigh, that reminds me of Turkey.
You are so right about Colors glowing on an over cast day. That's the perfect word for it.
Looks like a lovely time.

Grace said...

What a beautiful place to explore.

Appleshoe said...

So many beautiful photos and so many beautiful children. I can see several of these turning into prints, especially the one of your boy on the rocks. Take care.