Monday, February 7, 2011

Baby Hat Recipe


Take a basic bonnet pattern you like.  This sweet pastel pink hat pattern comes from this book:


 Now pick out some colorful yarns you like...these are from my joyful crochet coat project!

Start knitting!  I changed the stitch patterning a bit.  Instead of moss stitch, I did garter stitch.  I like garter stitch so much, but it doesn't work as well as a ribbing...I hope it still fits our new little baby cousin.

Now do a little color dance!  You have made the world a brighter place!

9 comments:

Grace said...

love the colorful rainbow hat.

Nadja said...

Oh, that is lovely, Beth! I just love it...looks like a little striped easter egg!

Lacey said...

wow--that is wonderful!

Sharon Lovejoy said...

GORGEOUS and JOYFUL.

Can't I be your new baby cousin too?

Love,

Sharon

Beth said...

Whee! I love color! I helps me through the gray winter! More color coming soon....an update on the crazy quilt. Nadja...it DOES look like an Easter Egg, doesn't it? love, Beth

FairiesNest said...

Super sweet!

Jessica said...

Its beautiful Beth, I am sure they will just adore it.

Appleshoe said...

Such sweet tiny ear flaps. How very thoughtful of you; you make such beautiful things. Take care.

Beth said...

Dear Friends,

Thank you!!! I love to make hats and new baby presents! love, Beth