Monday, October 10, 2011

L'Armoire Magique ll

 I completed the refinishing of the magic wardrobe.  Appleshoe, one of my readers, pointed out how nice it looked cleaned up, but not painted.  I realized I liked it that way, too.  So I scrubbed and sanded it some more, until it was as fresh and smooth as I could get it, and

 then I rubbed it with beeswax furniture polish.


I love the pretty color and soft sheen.  It smells wonderfully of honey.


 Inside the door there had been an old string, perhaps for ties, as another reader suggested.  I replaced it with a piece of colorful ribbon.

 I painted the shelves sky blue, and finally put away my son's clothes, which have been sitting on his desktop these last six weeks.  I'm already thinking of refinishing another piece of furniture, an old chest which someone pickled.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

It's perfect! (Also, I really like the name appleshoe.)

blessings,
Amanda

Francesca said...

I think I like it better the way it is too, sweet smelling of beeswax!

Sharon Lovejoy said...

LOVELY! I like it that soft, natural color too.

Good work and I like thinking of how it smells of beeswax.

Love,

S