Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Glow in the Dark Jellyfish Art Project

 The upper primary class made these colorful jellyfish last week.  They started with a cardboard shape for the head which I cut out for them, and traced it onto a piece of colorful collage paper, which they cut out.  They chose strips of fabric for tentacles, which they stapled onto the cardboard shape.

 They glued their collage paper head onto the cardboard head, hiding the staples, and decorated it, in some cases, with more collage papers.  After one child drew a Japanese anime-inspired face on his jellyfish, most of the children added a face.


 Then it was time for thick lines and dots of glow-in-the dark-paint on the heads.

I wish we had better light in our art room.  The lights are very feeble and as Autumn goes on it is going to get darker and darker in there!


 Glow-in-the-dark paint needs to dry overnight, so we had to put the jellyfish up high to dry until this week.


I know some children who are very excited to hang their creations in their bedrooms!

4 comments:

Sharon Lovejoy said...

THIS IS WONDERFUL! Beth, you should write an art book. Your projects are all so great for kids. They grow their imaginations too.

I answered your question about the outdoor oven ON my comments section. I've received three other questions about it and I thought this would facilitate things.

Joys,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Appleshoe said...

These are lovely. They remind me of an octopus kite I had as a child. I bet the kids had a ton of fun making them. Take care.

Beth said...

Dear Sharon, Thanks for the encouragement! I'm having a great time working with children doing art. Beth

Beth said...

Hi, Appleshoe! They did have fun and they picked them up today. They can't wait to see them glow in the dark. Beth